Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I was the lucky winner of half (17) of the March lotto blocks. Six of them made their way into a top for WAS (Wrap a Smile) today.
The other three, the 9-patch blocks made from the same orange, blue and green swirl fabric, are left over from an earlier lotto winning. That time I made up tops from blocks that readily went together and set the others aside to plan what to add to them.  These fit in nicely with the green, and they prompted the orange sashing. After this top is quilted, it will be bound in orange--I think a little touch around the edges will be a nice finish.
I do have to remember to take photos in the morning when the light is better, but I usually finish at night and am over eager.   Claire A

2 comments:

  1. Agree ... orange binding will set it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, it needs orange to pull the sashing through to the outer edge!

    ReplyDelete